Thursday, August 8, 2013

Happy 9th Birthday Andrew

Nine years ago on August 8th, 2004 I became a father for the first time.

I really try to recall exactly what I felt that day but I have to admit that I can’t.

Now I might otherwise feel badly about that but seeing as how I had three more kids and literally hundreds of small adventures with them all, separately and together, I think it’s fair to say that I got on a rollercoaster that day that is still moving. It’s all been so much fun and adventure that it’s hard to single out specific events.

I know I was amazed, astonished, hopeful and happy. I am sure I was filled with many more emotions. 

It’s been a lot of fun and I am glad the ride is still going. And like the rollercoaster ride – the life around all the kids is loud and exciting and as much of it seems like a bunch of fits and starts I wouldn’t wish it to be any different.

 

Andrew – nine years has already gone in the blink of an eye and I worry the next nine will too. In the meantime, while you grow more and more, and become more responsible for additional things around the house and in school…. let’s go exploring and see what’s out there. Tomorrow will come and you are getting ready for it. In the meantime, let’s just check out today.

You’re away in Poland for your 9th birthday, as you have been most years in August, but that’s OK because I know you’re surrounded by family and love. As a father that wants the very best for his children I couldn’t ask for very much more for you on your birthday and all the days between.

Happy birthday little man – I’ll see you in 20 days.

I love you
Dad.

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

No comments:

Post a Comment