Thursday, December 20, 2012

Spread the word - Christmas Eve, 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time

Letter to the editor from DAVID A. ROUTHIER, WALLINGFORD, as published in the Record Journal Thursday December 20, 2012
 
Editor: Since last week’s events in Newtown many of us have offered material contributions in an effort to help. Here is what my family and I will be doing to honor the people of Newtown and to provide them with unmistakable evidence of our support and love. I am asking that all Americans, no matter what their political views or religious beliefs, “rise up with one voice“ to show our love. On Christmas Eve, while we are all together surrounded by our loved ones, my family and I will come outside at 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time and offer up a candlelight version of “Silent Night” in an effort to share a bit of these most precious of family times with the people of Newtown. I am asking that we all put our differences aside at that exact moment to hopefully make a difference in the tragic lives of the people there. We need to let them know, in the most unified and spiritual of ways, that we are all with them in their time of need. If enough of us join together in song I have no doubt that our collective voices and the light that we shed will reach up to the heavens and embrace its newest angels. Please join us. Often the most powerful of statements can be made by the smallest of actions. I already have groups of friends working on this in Maine, Massachusetts, Connecticut, North Carolina, Florida and Germany. I’m asking you to help us spread the word.
DAVID A. ROUTHIER, WALLINGFORD

No comments:

Post a Comment