PARENT TEACHER COMMUNITY FORUM
COMMON CORE STANDARDS:
LOOK CLOSER. UNDERSTAND MORE.
SATURDAY, MARCH 1, 2014
8:30 am - 2:00 pm
The Spa at Norwich Inn
607 West Thames Street, Norwich
Hosted by Connecticut Education Association
Cosponsored by Connecticut Association of Boards of Education
Please register for this event on the CEA website at
To register by phone, call Lisa Bickford at 1-800-852-0355THIS FORUM WILL
- Allow all stakeholders to engage in meaningful discussions about Connecticut's implementation of Common Core Standards/Smarter Balanced Assessments.
- Provide a meaningful discussion for teachers regarding the alignment of Common Core Standards and curriculum.
- Provide a common understanding about Common Core Standards and Smarter Balanced Assessments.
- Demonstrate Smarter Balanced Assessments and allow opportunities for hands-on practice tests.
- Encourage career and college readiness for students, as well as the importance of citizenship.
- Community Members/Organizations
- Policy Makers - State, Local, and Agencies
- Educators - Teachers, Support Professionals and Administrators
- School Board Members
- Union Leaders and Union Staff